April 20, 2009

Just for Fun - More ideas!

WOW is all we could say while checking out the great work from all of you with our latest kit! We just had to start sharing some of these great entries with you!

Charlene Woods

"I loved this kit as soon as I saw it! I just adopted two boys (2 and
3 years old) and have one teenage daughter, and two other boys (8 and 9).
My nine year old has Down Syndrome and the two boys we adopted have speech
problems, and learning disabilities. So, when I saw the quirky titles and
stickers (loud, leave it all behind, embrace the chaos) I just had to have
it! The only thing I added out of my own stash was the
yellow,flocked,flowery material (used as pockets in two locations). I
incorporated an envelope or pocket on every monthly page and intend to use them
for journaling prompts on note cards as they occur! Any flat memorabilia
can be kept in the envelopes as well.

You might get a chuckle out
of the fact that I assembled the WHOLE BOOK, and then realized all the
transparencies had protective plastic on them! So, I have actually
assembled my book TWICE!! OOOh me!!! "



Thanks for sharing~ And keep those ideas coming!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute! I think you made the most out of that kit! You didn't leave anything out, did you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just received this "Just for Fun" kotm and I am so pleased. This is a good kit, lots of product, nice quality... I am impressed. Keep making these great kits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm on-the-fence about this kit, so more pictures would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this kit, it has so much fun stuff in it!!! I want to do 12x12 A Year In Review album for 2009 with all of the coordinating pieces (paper, journaling cards, envelopes, etc.)- catching up on the last few months and putting together pages for the rest of the year- so I just need to add pictures and journaling each month :-) I also want to do another album using the acrylic album and all of the great transparencies- they are so cool!
    ~Beatrice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was sort of on the fence about this one too and then decided to take the plunge. Wow, so glad I did! This kit is way more fun than I had anticipated. I LOVE the chipboard numbers and how you can easily sand them for the distressed look. This was a great way to play around with clear elements and I had a blast making my first acrylic album. I also made a wall hanging of my children with the chipboard scallop squares and ribbon--it really is tons of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to connect with you! I am a single mom who adopted 3 sisters from Ukraine 3 yrs ago. I also have 3 older boys. Check out my blog for contact info dianemarra.typepad.com

    My passion is scrapbooking, faith journaling sharing how God worked in my life with the adoption of my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could we see all the other entries that were sent in using Just for Fun KOTM as well? Maybe you could set up a gallery for each of the kits so that we can share our ideas and creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don;t know if there is s specific place to post what we did with this kit, but here is a link to what I did. I added some other materials that I already had, which is described in the same blog.

    http://pamslayouts.blogspot.com/

    Pam

    ReplyDelete